The cottages are situated in the middle of the Great Langdale valley, in 2 acres of garden and fellside. O.S. Grid ref. 306 067. Long House is also marked on Ordnance Survey maps.
- Chapel Stile - 1½ miles
- Co-op village store with full range of groceries, off-licence, newspapers etc. Brambles Cafe, Wainwrights Inn.
- Elterwater - 2 miles
- Britannia Inn, Maple Tree Cafe, bowling green.
- Dungeon Ghyll - ¾ mile
- Sticklebarn Tavern and the New and Old Dungeon Ghyll Inns.
- Grasmere - 5 miles
- Village and lake. Shops, pubs, cafes. Dove cottage (Wordsworths home).
- Ambleside - 6 miles
- Small town with wide range of shops, cafes and restaurants, cinema etc. Lake cruises from Waterhead.